Dr. Shrink stocks a variety of propane fired heat tool options to fit your needs. The quality of your chosen heat tool is almost as important as the quality of the shrink wrap used. We are proud to supply popular models with several different safety features in mind. Take a look at our featured heat tools below — the Shrinkfast 998 and Ripack 3000.
Shrinkfast 998 Heat Tool
The Shrinkfast 998 Heat Tool is our most used and most recommended heat tool. For consumers, the UL certification mark provides an increased confidence level in the quality and safety of the Shrinkfast products they use at work or in their home.
For businesses, the UL certification mark displays the Shrinkfast products’ high regard and commitment to safety. This reassures Safety Managers, Safety Committees, OSHA and other safety bodies that the appropriate processes, techniques and training can be developed around Shrinkfast heat tools and accessories.
Attaining the UL certification indicates that the Shrinkfast products you are using are held to a set of safety standards including product validation, testing, inspection, and auditing. The on-going, third party safety analysis ensures that Shrinkfast products are held to the highest quality standards in the hand-held, heat tool market. The end result is a safe, powerful, Shrinkfast product that the user can depend on project after project.
The Shrinkfast 998 comes in a complete kit with these safety features built into it:
• “Dead man” trigger that shuts off the flow of propane if the heat tool is dropped
• UL approved hose that can withstand a pull test of up to 300 PSI
• UL approved regulator assembly with an excess check valve that prevents a gas leak if the hose should get cut or damaged
• A “cool” combustor that prevents the user from getting burned if they accidentally touch the combustor
• Built in the USA
Ripack 3000 Heat Tool
Constantly focusing its investments on research and development, RIPACK® ensures that is can supply its customers with innovative, high quality products.
The Ripack 3000 comes in a complete kit with these safety features built into it:
• The stainless steel combustion nozzle remains cold even during intensive use
• The design of the aluminum body forbids any obstruction of the diverse air inlets and the pressure regulator (SECURIPACK) has a double secutiry
• The Ripack’s components are systematically protected from shocks, heat and/or tearing
• The nozzle rotates 360° and the gas connector swivels as well
• Safe and convenient hanger ring when the tool is not in use
Dr. Shrink is an authorized Shrinkfast heat tool repair facility and can also repair a variety of different heat tool brands and models. Our repair facility stocks a wide variety of heat tool parts. We have a heat tool technician on staff that can answer any questions you have in regards to your heat tool, as well as having it sent in for a tune-up or repairs.
Please keep in mind the appropriate safety related items you’ll need to use with your propane fired heat tool such as safety glasses and safety gloves. Always watch the training DVD that comes with your heat tool.
If at anytime you have questions, please do not hesitate to contact us either by phone at 800.968.5147 or email us.